Loan & Scholarship Information
The Engineering Society of Baltimore Education Foundation is offering merit-based scholarships and academic loans to graduating high school students pursuing a degree in engineering in an ABET accredited program. The scholarships and academic loans are limited to students from the Baltimore Metropolitan area including Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard Counties. Multiple scholarships will be awarded, including the following:
- A $3,000 James Posey Associates Centennial Scholarship (preferably awarded to a student enrolled in a mechanical or electrical engineering program).
- The American Society of Highway Engineers (ASHE) is offering two scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each to be awarded to individuals aspiring to a career in the Highway Industry (including, but not limited to Civil and Environmental Engineering, Water Resources, Traffic Engineering, Transportation Planning and Construction Management).
- The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is offering a scholarship in the amount of $2,500 to be awarded to individuals aspiring to a career in Civil Engineering.
- The Maryland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is offering up to two scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each for candidates with Hispanic Heritage.
- Additional scholarship awards will be made to outstanding candidates based on specific criteria defined by additional scholarship sponsors.
This year, loans at 5% interest for $10,000 per year may be offered. The loans are renewable each year providing the student is enrolled in an ABET accredited program, maintains good grades, and is up to date on interest payments. Interest only payments are due quarterly prior to graduation and for one year thereafter. Amortized principal and interest payments are due monthly for the next five years.
The deadline for application is Friday, March 17, 2023.
Applicants may be requested to participate in an in-person interview in Baltimore on Saturday April 29th or Sunday April 30th, 2023. Those who cannot attend an interview on that date need not apply.
The application for the scholarship loans and grants must be completed via the online application.